The call came in on Thursday, we made the decision same day and now we are just a couple of weeks out from B starting his training for his new job. Between now and then we’d really like it if we could find a place to live, get driver’s licenses, retrieve our second car from Texas, not to mention find me a job.
There’s reality again. Crashing in when I just want to bask in making a decision. Keeping me awake at night with all that still has to be accomplished. Attempting to paralyze me as I try and move forward.
Sometimes you have to circumvent reality and that’s our current plan. B’s the one who has to have an in state license, so we’ll use his parent’s address (which is technically ours right now too) and he can just change it once we find an apartment. As far as living goes, rent is expensive enough that if we have to put him in a hotel room five nights a week while the dogs and I stay with his parents until we find somewhere, we can make that work too. For the car, I’m going back to have a quick visit with my family and then drive the car back in just in time to go to the orientation for B’s training.
See, when we remove the critical element – finding a place to live right now because we need it so he can start training and have a local driver’s license – the paralyzing fear fades to the background. There will be plenty to do. We’ll just give ourselves more time to do it.
It will fall into place. That I firmly believe.