I meant to post this earlier but, I’m actually just now writing it. I know I should get better about writing ahead of the time, but I’ve never been the type to do that. I love writing in the moment.
It’s been another good and full week. I ended up getting a survey result back from a patient that mentioned me by name as being super helpful. Not bad for my first day of work on my own. We ended the week with a trip to the dog park, the pups love it out there and the end result is them tuckered out so we can enjoy our Friday night.
1. I bought three new pencil skirts this week. I ordered them all through Sis-Miss clothing. One of my coworkers asked where I found cute, patterned, and long pencil skirts. When I informed her that Mormon girls have the best fashion she laughed, another coworker shushed her for me. But seriously, they have the best office fashion because it’s cute and modest. I even has a Dr. come by and tell me I had a “sharp” skirt. My intention is to keep my reputation as the cute, professional dresser in the office. I may need to go shopping again this weekend.
2. The dog park. I really can’t sing it’s praises enough. It’s split into big dog and little dog sections, but I’ve only seen the little dog section utilized once. Which was us when introducing four dogs to each other to see if they could potentially habitate the same house for a weekend. Everyone shares toys, pet each other’s dogs, and generally have a good time together. Our dogs are super popular because they’re really good looking and incredibly friendly. Tonight, there was an adorable puppy stealing toys and a dachshund forcing the big dogs to chase it. Our trips there are becoming the highlight of my week. Plus, I get to see this:
3. I haven’t talked much about it here recently, but weddinged planning is back in full swing. We sent in our four month paperwork this week. I decided to add 12 dozen buttermilk donuts for our late night snack and a wedding coordinator to run the day of activities. They require a coordinator and rather than subject a loved one to that, I figured I would just pay for it. That’s somewhat the theme of this wedding. I’m hoping to finish addressing the invites this week too and to mail them out next week. I’m getting really excited for everything. I’m also planning to order my boots this weekend so I can get the dress altered.
4. Being an adult is hard. I’ve never worked the traditional 8-5. I like my job, but this continued cold and rainy weather is wearing me down when added on top of working forty hours a week. I haven’t been to the gym regularly since I started work. I’m hoping once the weather gets nice that I can hit the gym to lift and then come home and go for a run. We have a 1.5 mile loop right out our back door, so if I run it twice I would be good. I just have to get in the habit of actually doing something. Because, you know, I like feeling good about myself and the gym helps with that.
5. Happiness is contagious. I didn’t realize how much I needed to work. How much I needed to make a difference. I know, I’m just checking people in for their appointments. But it’s more than that. It’s making them smile. It’s getting them in when they’re late. It’s finding a doctor to help another doctor when the one they want is gone. It’s giving crayons to antsy children. It’s straightening out complicated insurance problems and making sure the right person pays. Sometimes, it’s just smiling and being kind when they are grumpy. I’ve yet to have someone leave as grumpy as they came in, and since we’re a medical clinic, that is a surprise. I know now that I need to not just work, but make a difference. I hope to build from here and never stop doing what I can to make my corner of the world a better place.
I’m really hoping for some decent weather tomorrow. We had sun all day today, but the rain sets in again tomorrow afternoon and will last all week. Even the locals are sick of the cold and wet. If it is nice, we’ll be exploring a nearby state park. We’re hoping to squeak out before the rain starts up again. It’s sad when we’re seeing more rain than the Pacific Northwest. It’s messing with my Aurora hunting mojo.
Any fun plans for the weekend?