I can’t believe that I’m writing this from my final lunch break on my first week of work. This week has been utter chaos and I am so glad that it’s finally the weekend. It will be a fairly boring weekend of unpacking but I think I’m really okay with that.
1. I cannot express how grateful I am that I finished my course on Sunday before this week began. I’m pretty sure I would have failed this week otherwise. It’s been a good week, but I get home and just want to melt into the couch. Especially once I finally got it put together and the mold off of it.
2. I’m having a serious case of temperature envy over the weather in Texas and California. They’re seeing highs in the 80s and 90s while we are struggling to top 50. I need some sunshine and bare leg weather stat.
3. The puppies do not understand what is going on. They can’t comprehend my getting up when B does in the morning. Or why I’m now gone all day. This morning, Loki wouldn’t get off the couch and just stared at me while I ran around getting ready.
4. We bought groceries last night. Including the supplies for clam chowder. Because if it is going to be this cold, I might as well get some advantage from it. I am so excited to get to cook real food again. I’m also hoping that this will be the week we stick to our budget and meal plan for the week.
5. As evidenced by the picture at the top of the post, I’m enjoying having my curling rods again. I received an interchangeable set from B for Christmas and then shipped them off just a couple of weeks later. I busted out the large barrel on Wednesday and loved the way my hair turned out.
We’re planning a quiet weekend with unpacking being our main goal. B has a CCAF graduation to go to on Saturday and we’ll try to sneak in some sushi and a movie around that. Otherwise, I cannot wait for a weekend to recuperate from the chaos of this week!
I hope y’all have a great weekend! Any fun weekend plans?