1. I’m currently baking brown butter, raspberry, white chocolate cookies for a cookie exchange. Last year I took Blueberry White Chocolate Cheesecake cookies. I think these will be even better; even if I did get impatient and use my mixer to mix in the raspberries resulting in a purply-blue dough.
2. Tomorrow is my student’s Christmas Recital. I’m super excited and sad at the same time. Excited to finally see them all play. Sad to know that this is pretty much it, except for wrapping up lessons next week.
3. We got our Christmas package from my Mom yesterday. Four of the items were to be opened immediately. Including two new stockings for Brian and I. She knit us these incredible, heirloom quality stockings. I’m actually kind of sad that they have to hang up and that I can’t just hold mine all the time.
4. We purchased a bark collar for Sam on Black Friday. I know that some people don’t like using tools like this, but for her, it’s been amazing. She’s gone from this dog who barks All. The. Time. at everything. To a normal dog, who barks a bit at certain things, but not much. We can come and go from the house without her barking for the five to ten minutes around our arrival or departure. We can let her in the backyard without her just running straight out barking like a mad dog. It’s been amazing.
5. I’m really looking forward to the next couple of weeks. B’s direct manager goes on leave next week, which should significantly reduce his stress. Then we have the break for Christmas and New Years, then we pack out the first full week of January. B will get to spend more time at home with me than at work over the next few weeks and I’m happy about that even as I dread having loaner furniture again.