- Because I have a head cold. Or a sinus infection. Or some such affliction that makes my throat hurt, my nose run, and my head feel all stuffy. Cold medicines seriously eff me up too, so I alternate between drowning in my nasal cavity and not being able to focus or keep my eyes open or actually sleep.
- Because I forgot to put my iPod on the do not disturb mode and someone texted me at 0400 this morning. I know the time difference trips people up, so I’m not mad at that person, just at myself for not having taken proper precaution. The do not disturb mode is now set to automatically turn on for my sleeping hours.
- Because the assumption of command ceremony took place today. We have a new squadron commander and it’s all just been so unexpected. The tape is down from his house, but we won’t ever see him again and that’s hard to come to terms with. Because I liked him. He stopped and asked how I was doing every time he saw me, which was a huge change from the prior one literally running away and hiding from us if he saw us. And now the guy I like is gone, hopefully getting help/taken care of, but I won’t get to see him again.
- Because I’m tired of people cutting me out of their life, then seeing me and acting like we’re best friends. I’m not about this shit. We are not best friends when you constantly flake on plans. We are not best friends when you constantly make plans that exclude me. We could have been close friends, but life happens and that’s okay. Just, quit pretending that we’re super close, because we’re not.
- Because I only have 11 days left of teaching piano. It’s spread across the next 17 days, but still, that will close out this period of my life where I teach piano as a full-time gig. As full-time as piano teaching gets, anyway. I’m not ready to say goodbye to these students. I guess that’s life.
Why are you grumpy today?