Only, you know, it’s the 18th. Yesterday was our 30 month anniversary mark and we spent it incredibly hungover and relishing just being lazy. We threw a huge bbq on Saturday night (11 adults, 3 kids, 2 dogs, 2 fire logs, an unknown amount of lumber, and copious beverages and food) and it went until the wee hours of Sunday morning. It was totally worth it, even if we both hurt the next day.
I debated keeping this series up for a couple of reasons. First, and possibly foremost, is that our cruise has been postponed a month and we’ll no longer be leaving on our three year anniversary. Which, sort of takes away the charm of acknowledging these monthly milestones with weigh-ins and measurements. But, we’re still cruising and now I’m going to Vegas in May and will now have a pool day on the 17th of that month. So, it’s still a good goal and I like the mid-month refocus on my health and fitness goals.
The other reason, which I’m slightly less than proud to admit, that I thought about not continuing this series is that I gained weight this month. Blame stress, hormones from hell, or what have you, but the hard fact is that the scale moved the wrong way this month. I’m only okay with this because B and I had a long talk about our health last night and we’re both doubly committed to getting back to healthier and happier weights right now.
Weight: 155 (up 3.5 pounds)
Natural Waist: 27
Belly Button: 30
Top of Hipbone: 35
Widest point of hips: 39
Besides my weight going up though, and feeling generally bloated, all of my measurements are pretty much the same (I just checked as of this writing at 2100 and they were all within a half inch of last month, which I’m counting as the same since I normally measure in the morning.)
How about my goals?
1. No more than one meal a week that has fried items.
2. No coke at home between now and 17 February.
3. Complete this (this being a strength challenge) with today being day 1.
I. Bombed. Them. I set poor and unrealistic goals in several ways.
First, I love my fried food and would rather figure out a way to keep that in my weekly meals and cut other things than that. Maybe it’s not good for me, and I am working on it, but it was unrealistic to think I could cut it back so much, especially while eating out at one of three locations on base on a regular basis.
Second, I left myself too many loopholes in the coke challenge, mainly that I could drink my coke zero with booze. I fixed that problem though by giving up soda/carbonated beverages for Lent. I haven’t had a coke zero since Mardi Gras. This has been rough y’all. I had no idea how addicted I was. It’s not so much about the headaches (none) or the fatigue (more contributable to our crazy schedule right now than anything else). It’s about the cravings, the intense, makes me hurt inside, I need the carbonation and sweet syrup NOW. Ahem, yeah, it’s good that I’ve quit and right now I have no intention to start back up again at Easter. It’s time to be done with that shit for good.
Third, I don’t know why I keep adding extra fitness stuff on top of my normal routine. Instead of resulting in my doing my weight lifting, and running, and this challenge; I’ve only kept up with the running. I was worried this would happen with B switching to nights, so now I’m doubling down to get my weight lifting back in. But no more extraneous challenges when I already have enough on my plate.
On to this month’s goals:
1. Get back to meal planning. Letting this one slide as a goal after one month of success was a horrible idea. We’ve eaten out way too much again in the last week or two and that ended this weekend. Meals out with friends are fine, calling friends to drag them out to eat because we don’t want to cook is not so fine. I have my grocery list written and the meals for the rest of this week planned.
2. Get back to weight lifting. I struggle with allowing B’s need to sleep during the day to kill my productivity. I sit around the house quietly while waiting for him to get up. Tomorrow morning though, it’s back to the gym with me. I’ve missed the weight lifting and I feel like the extra pudgy feeling right now is from the lack of lifting in my life.
That’s it for this month. I don’t want to add too much that I won’t do. It’s back to the basics for me and we’ll see where that puts me on March 17th.