- …that I could give you a snapshot of some of my days. The kids do say the darnedest things. Their explanations for why they hit/push/yell at each other can be priceless. And sometimes they just make you laugh when you’re supposed to be helping them see why they shouldn’t do something. And then there are the horror stories that also build up. The behaviors that make you want to lock yourself in a small room with a large quantity of liquor. Unfortunately, the nature of my job means that these little tidbits have to stay safe with me. It’s kind of boring that way.
- …that July was over and B and I were back on more compatible schedules. He’ll probably go back to the early shift for a little bit in August, 0500-1500, but at least he’ll be home when I get home from work. And then, shortly thereafter he’ll move to 0730-1630 and we’ll only be an hour off on our schedule. I’m truly looking forward to that, even if it means he’s in the back office and less than thrilled about it.
- …that all of my training was done. I really do enjoy going to work and spending time with the kids. But, I’ll have ended up with 2 Saturday trainings in a row, plus 2 extended nights this week. It starts to just be a bit much. This was compounded this week by my being sneakily tricked into baby sitting last night. Regardless, I’m ready to just be able to do my “9-5” and call it good.
- …that I could make myself go to bed earlier. I won’t be getting uninterrupted sleep, but I can at least help myself back to getting more of it. Enough with the late night internet browsing, these bags under my eyes have got to go.
- …that people would realize that there are less absolutes in this world than they might think. Also, that they would realize that their POV is not the only one out there. It’s hard to learn to consider where someone else is coming from, but it is also highly necessary.
- …that it was the weekend and that B was home right now.
What do you wish?