Happy First Saturday of February! It’s hard to believe that we’ve already said goodbye to the first month of the year. I’m okay with that though, because these winter months have never been my favorite. February brings us that much closer to the glorious summer months where I will be living very close to a beach. Oh beaches, how I’ve missed thee.
January actually went pretty well for me. Here are my goals and a recap of how I did.
- Work out with B on every off day. So this goal modified very quickly into trying to do it. His off days fly by so quickly that we were always having to choose between the gym and walking the dog. So we bought an elliptical. This way we can walk the dog and still get in a workout.
- Do something physically active on days when I don’t go to the gym. I have successfully walked the dog about 75% of the days of the year so far. Some I missed because it’s rainy and I don’t do walks in the cold rain.
- Eat well. This one I’d mark about 50-50. I have slipped back into just eating out on B’s off days instead of insisting that we eat at home. And not just for one meal, no we’re back to eating out the majority of the meals on his off days out. And that’s just not acceptable. However, I’ve kept my portions under control and have been drinking more water. I maintained this month and I’m fine with it. I’ve found a happy place, weight wise, for my body.
- Research and pick something to work on self worth, self confidence, etc. I found a book to read and a journal to write in. The book was called Angry Conversations with Godand was written by Susan E. Isaacs. I also picked up a devotional journal called the Frazzled Female. I think I’ve completed 2 days in it so far. It’s a start.
- Shower, do my hair and make up every day. Hahahahaha, hahaha, haha, yeah… So, I did shower most days at least. Typically not until much later in the day. Especially since I now have the excuse of using the elliptical. Which I’ve only done twice in the week we’ve had it. Hmm, that actually doesn’t sound as bad to me now.
So, overall, I’m pretty happy with how January has turned out. I’m pretty happy with my body right now. I still think I want to try to lose another 5 pounds, but I’m also pretty sure that won’t be happening until we move. Because, oh yeah, we still haven’t moved and probably won’t until the end of this month. So once again, I’m facing a month where they will come take away all my belongings and ship them off to my new home. With that in mind, here are February’s goals.
- Actually use the journal that I bought. And you know, for more than just a paper weight. This is more about spending time focused on me (and God) and less about the actual subject matter of the book. Though I definitely feel like a frazzled female these days.
- Drink more water. I got out of the habit of drinking large quantities of water every day and I want to get back into it. I’ve done better this past week, but I still have a long way to go.
- Quit eating out senselessly. This is what I call it when we decide to go to base to run errands at 1100 and just go instead of eating at home first. It has to stop. We tend to just eat junky fast food that makes my body feel gross. Of course, the caveat is that once they take away my belongings I won’t have much to cook with, okay more like nothing. So, yeah, I’m going to have to figure this one out a bit.
- Use the elliptical while we still have it. I want to use it at least half of B’s work days and half of his off days. I don’t even have to use it for long. I normally walk for an hour with the pup so even 15-20 minutes would be good. But I’m way too good at justifying not using it.
That’s it for February. Nothing too lofty seeing as how we’re supposed to be moving. Just some goals to keep me rolling until we’re in our new home. And then it’s game on for getting healthier and maybe losing these last five pounds.