So, I had planned to write this earlier today, because, I have so much to be thankful for. And then B gave me the most awesome surprise ever. Without further ado here are the things I am thankful for today:
1. I get to go home for Christmas. B told me this morning to start finding flights. I’ll have been away for 6 months, by far the longest I’ve gone without seeing my family ever. I cannot wait to be home.
2. My awesome husband. He is my rock. He holds me when I’m sad, teases me when I’m not, and never hesitates to let me know that he loves me. Or that I’m beautiful. I’m spoiled by him. He constantly does little things for me.
3. Being able to teach piano. Seriously, I feel so much more like me being able to teach again. I hadn’t realized how vital a part of me it was. Until I didn’t have it.
4. My family. Both my family and B’s. They’re all mine now. They are so great at being there. From my 2-3 times a week emails with his mom to my daily chats with mine, I have the most supportive family.
5. My friends. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder. And that you never know what you have until it’s gone. I cherish my friends so much more now that I realize how hard it is to find friends. Every little wall post, tweet, email, blog comment, letter, and package remind me that someone somewhere misses me as much as I miss them.
6. The internet. Seriously, I don’t know how people did this move across the world thing before skype, facebook, twitter, blogs, and email. It’s the main way (only way really) that I keep up with people.
7. Superman and Wonderwoman. Superman is B’s training partner. Wonderwoman is his wife. They’re quickly becoming our closest friends here. We’re all hosting Thanksgiving dinner together.
8. Bowling and pool. Pool is free on base and bowling is only a buck a game on Mondays. We play pretty regularly. It gives us something to do together that gets us out of the house.
9. TV shows on DVD. We watched our way through Community. We’re working on Human Target next. Again, it’s entertainment that we talk and laugh through together.
10. My blog. I’m so glad I have this outlet. I can write out my fears, tears, joys, and more. The community I’ve found on here is awesome. Helps me to see the bright side and walk away from the down stuff. Helps me get my head on straight.
What are you thankful for?