Where, oh where, did the time go? How is it possible that school starts in two and a half weeks? I feel like summer just snuck off, without telling me it was leaving. Which is a very uncool thing to do. And now I’m rushing headlong for my last year of school. Crazy. It’s been a fun summer though…and this next school year is shaping up to be pretty awesome too!
- All the Rice baseball games as we closed an awesome season and kicked off the summer.
- Two weddings – one family and the other a close friend – both good reasons for traveling and seeing folks.
- Having friends in town – Sharon and Amy both came in to town and it was awesome to get to see them.
- Crazy roadtrips – the preplanned ones to the Hill Country for tubing and to the beach at Galveston and the last minute one to Austin that was super crazy and fun!
- And a hurricane and a tropical storm…even if all’s we got was some rain.
It’s been a good summer and I will miss it, but there’s so much to look forward to this school year too:
- TAing again – yes, I’m actually looking forward to guiding the sophmores through Baroque music history.
- Classes starting – I’m only taking three – American music, Brahms, and Renaissance history. My lightest class load since I started college.
- Football season…yeah, I know Rice isn’t that good, but I like football.
- Basketball…see above.
- Starting my thesis. This is it. The culmination of my graduate career.
- AMS convention in Nashville.
So, it should be a good year. I’m not sure what all it holds, but I’m looking forward to finding out.